We are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join our team! Our ideal candidate will be results-oriented and highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills. In this role, we are looking for someone who would like to help us build out our strategy as we scale the business. We are proud to offer several opportunities for internal growth.
We are seeking an experienced Controller to join our team! Our ideal candidate will be results-oriented and highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills. In this role, we are looking for someone who would like to help us build out our strategy as we scale the business. We are proud to offer several opportunities for internal growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) for construction projects
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Approve monthly closing package, including gross margin report and analysis, and unbilled and deferred revenue and incentive fee schedules.
- Perform monthly responsibilities, including sending accounting, tax and banking information to accountants and office supervisors, and preparing monthly financial reports and analysis.
- Approve journal entries, bank reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Assist the CFO to prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Lead contact for accountants and serve as point of contact for accounting questions and issues that involve the books.
- Develop and implement controls, process enhancements, and accounting policies in connection with corporate accounting and reporting structure.
- Analyze monthly financial reports and transactions. Ensure appropriate accounting and financial processes. Ensure consistent financial reporting to facilitate consolidation. Identify and maintain appropriate accounting treatment of company transactions.
- Manage and work in conjunction with local accounting, tax and audit vendors to ensure proper filings and financial disclosures and attend government’s legal correspondence and statutory taxes audits for proper resolution.
- Prepare audit work papers and information for the books and assist with year-end financial audit.
- Design and implement the financial condition by conducting audits and establishing internal controls
- CPA / CMA background preferred – active license is not required
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Recent experience with consolidations required
- Experience in job costing, earned value, and percent complete analysis, preferred
- Recent experience managing teams of AP and AR specialists
- Previous experience in ERP system implementation, preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
DaBella is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
DaBella provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DaBella complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.